The Massachusetts ‘Bad Breath Rapist’ has been captured after almost 17 years on the run: US Marshals


The “Bad Breath Rapist” has been captured following almost 17 years on the run after he fled his 2007 trial when he was convicted of kidnapping and raping a co-worker at knifepoint.

The U.S. Marshal’s Service on Tuesday introduced that the Quincy fugitive — Tuen Ok. “Dickie” Lee — has lastly been arrested.

The Massachusetts State Police Violent Fugitive Apprehension Part and the Quincy Police Division helped the U.S. Marshal’s within the arrest of Lee in northern California. This comes lower than a 12 months after police provided a reward of as much as $10,000 for info resulting in his arrest.

Lee had been on the lam since September 2007 after failing to point out for the ultimate day of his trial.

He had been convicted by a Norfolk Superior Court docket jury of 4 counts of aggravated rape, one depend of kidnapping, one depend of assault with intent to rape, one depend of indecent assault and battery, and one depend of assault and battery.

“I greatly appreciate the work of the Massachusetts State Police Fugitive Unit and the men and women of the U.S. Marshals Service who made this arrest possible,” Quincy Police Chief Mark Kennedy stated in a press release.

The rape sufferer, in her early 20s, was at residence in February 2005 when she was grabbed by a masked man, gagged with duct tape, sure after which raped. She was a waitress from the Quincy restaurant that Lee’s household owned.

She informed cops she acknowledged the attacker as her boss due to his dangerous breath. Lee was arrested eight days later after DNA proof was discovered on the scene.

Lee was believed to have fled Massachusetts, however his location was unknown till investigators with Mass State Police discovered that Lee was probably staying in Diablo, California.

Investigative leads had been despatched to the U.S. Marshals Service Pacific Southwest Regional Fugitive Process Pressure in northern California. With the assistance of the Danville Police Division, police decided that Lee was in truth staying within the space.

Investigators from Massachusetts traveled to California, and authorities on Tuesday took Lee into custody.

“There are violent offenders out there who believe they can commit crimes and not be held accountable for their actions,” stated Chief Inspector Sean LoPiccolo, performing PSWRFTF commander. “Tuen Lee was on the run for more than 16 years and the unwavering dedication by law enforcement to locate and arrest him hopefully brings peace of mind to the victim and her family.”

Share post:


Latest Article's

More like this

IRS to look at pandemic-era credit

NEW YORK — The Inside Income Service stated a...

Lady dies of accidents in 4-alarm home fireplace in Georgetown

A girl died after being trapped inside a large...